- All rented materials must be returned by the last day of the semester. The University Store is not responsible for reminding the student of the rental return deadline. However, return dates and times are published online at www.byuistore.com/store-hours
- The Textbook Refund Policy and dates apply to rental materials
- Rented materials can be purchased through the end of the first block with the rental fee being applied to the purchase price. Rented materials purchased during the second block do not qualify for a rental fee refund.
- Highlighting and writing in rented books is permitted except for “New” books that may be returned for a refund as detailed in the Textbook Refund Policy.
- All components of textbook bundles must be returned together.
- The student is responsible for any damage, loss, or theft of rental materials.
- AGREE TO PAY: The student agrees to pay fees assessed by the University Store in the following situations. These fees will be charged to the student’s BYUI personal account.
- Not Returned: $5.00 plus the replacement cost (used price) – any rented items that are not returned by the last day of textbook rental return and buyback (the end of the current academic term).
- Major Damage: $5.00 plus the replacement cost (used price) – any rented items returned in an unsellable condition as determined by University Store staff.
- Minor Damage: 25% of the used rental price – any rented items returned with minor water damage not previously identified.
ONLINE ONLY STUDENTS:
- Students who are off-track and taking online classes do not qualify as an “Online Only student” and will not be provided a shipping label. The deadline to ship books back remains as stated above.
- Returning Rented Items - Instructions and a mandatory one-time use shipping label will be sent to the student’s campus email address prior to the end of the semester.
- On-time rental returns must be post marked by the shipping deadline – Tuesday following the last day of the semester.
- Late rental returns (post marked after the shipping deadline) will not be accepted. The replacement cost will be charged to the student’s BYUI personal account. (See #7 of Rental Agreement) Rental items will be discarded or donated to charity and will not be shipped back to the student
Sale Exclusions Policy
Certain items in the University Store are excluded from all in store and online sales. Normal exclusions include:
- Compter hardware or software
- Apple products
- CES materials (scriptures, hymnbooks, etc.)
- Clearance and marked down items
- Think custom printing
If you have a question about these exclusions or a particular product excluded from a sale, please check with any cashier or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secure Online Ordering
How to Tell It’s Secure
There are a couple of ways to tell if the information you are receiving is coming from a secure server.
- Check the security icon. Most browsers use a padlock (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer). An unbroken emblem indicates a secure browser. You may also click on or hover over the padlock icon to get more information.
- Check the URL field of your browser. With a secured server the address will begin with https:// instead of the usual http://